Engaging with a variety of social platforms is critical to nonprofit marketing success, but effective social media marketing can be overwhelming. It takes time and experience to use social platforms well. Having the right tools can often help, so we’ve compiled a dozen tools to help you manage your social media presence.
- 13 Instagram Tools for Business – Instagram has 300 million monthly users. These tools will help you monitor, develop, post, and engage with content to help expand your presence.
- Giphy – A search engine for GIFs.
- Google Alerts – You can create a Google Alert on any topic – including the name of your organization, executives, competitors, etc., and get email notifications any time Google finds new results on a topic that interests you. You can choose how many mentions you receive and how often.
- Google Photos – Searchable, unlimited storage and many cool features including Auto Awesome, automatic organization by the people, places, and things.
- Google Translator with Word Lens – Lets you instantly translate text in 36 languages using your camera.
- Google Trends – Can help you determine which terms are trending upward and are thus worth more of your focus. Google Trends can also suggest related terms and rank them based on trending popularity.
- Icerocket – Blog, Twitter, and Facebook monitoring in 20 languages, as well as results graphs that you can play with. Lets you to choose the periods of time you are interested in monitoring.
- LinkedIn Advanced Analytics – LinkedIn started rolling out full analytics and statistics on your posts to its publishing platform in May. To see if you have access, click here.
- Newsle – A Web app that connects with your Facebook and LinkedIn accounts to tell you when people to whom you are connected are mentioned online. A great relationship-building tool to help you give a shout out to friends when they’re quoted or in the news.
- Soovle – Keyword search engine that suggests keywords from Google, YouTube, Bing, Yahoo, Wikipedia, Amazon, and Answers.com.
- Twazzup – Real-time monitoring and analytics for Twitter. You just enter the name, brand, or company name you want to track, and you instantly get real-time updates on the most active top influencers tweeting about your search query.
- ViralTag – Syncs with your images in Canva, Dropbox, Picasa, and other image storage sites so that you can use any of those within Viraltag to create and post an image to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, or LinkedIn. You can view your audience by industry, location, and job title, see the traffic source, and engage with people who have interacted with your post. There is a $12/month plan for nonprofits.
We would love to hear about the tools you use to manage your social media presence.
B.L. Ochman (@whatsnext on Twitter) is a digital strategist for Fortune 500 companies and a contributor to Innovairre Communications, which supports more than 500 nonprofit organizations around the world. For more information about multichannel marketing for nonprofits, contact us at Answers@Innovairre.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.