At last count, there were 1,424,918 tax-exempt organizations in the United States. With new technology and changing donation habits both in the U.S. and international markets, nonprofit organizations (NPOs) need to communicate differently with direct mail, online, social and mobile channels to accomplish their missions.
Complicating matters further, many nonprofits face a myriad of vexing fundraising challenges. These challenges include…
- Aging donor files
- Increased donor attrition
- Shrinking prospect files
- Rising postal costs
- Little revenue from either digital fundraising or other activities beyond direct mail
These challenges must be overcome. A new path needs to be charted.
New Solutions for Fundraising
So what should nonprofits do? The answer is, adopt new marketing communications’ best practices that enable NPOs to successfully meet the needs of the changing donor landscape. These solutions include…
- Leveraging more sophisticated data/analytics approaches
- Increasing relevancy and personalization in communications
- Balancing new techniques with well-established proven programs
- Deploying tested, emotionally-compelling creative
- Using online marketing, video and mobile solutions when and where they’re effective
- Capitalizing on new high-speed digital printing technology
- Employing a team of professionals, experienced in all of the above
Unfortunately, many NPOs don’t have the resources to take advantage of today’s more progressive online and offline marketing techniques.
A New Opportunity for Fundraising Success
In recognition of these issues, we invested in new technology, additional data capabilities and talent – all committed to nonprofit success. Armed with these expanded resources, we formed a new business model and brand, Innovairre.
More specifically, to create Innovairre, we brought together nine companies that between them had more than 100 years of fundraising experience. This consolidation of these fundraising organizations provides our clients wonderful economies of scale and ensures that the smartest minds in fundraising can better collaborate. (Innovairre now has more than 4,000 associates working around the globe, supporting nonprofit agencies and NPOs of all sizes.) Then we added leading edge technology for the nonprofit world, including the most progressive CRM, online, social, video and digital printing technology – and added a number of associates who are highly experienced leveraging these investments and services.
Now, we are starting to see the success of these new fundraising solutions, and we’re ready to tell the world.
Insights, Information and Answers
Starting this week, we will begin sharing what we’re seeing, what we’re thinking and what we’re learning. To get the benefits of these insights, look to this and upcoming blogs and our website innovairre.com, and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Please share with us, too, so that we can incorporate your thinking and all get even better at serving our individual causes.
With 1,424,918 tax-exempt organizations in the United States – and many more around the world – there is a lot that needs to be accomplished. Working together, we can make a difference.
Let’s make it our mission to see that many more of the world’s nonprofits can fulfill their humble, critically important missions.
– Don McKenzie is the President & Chief Growth Officer at Innovairre, which supports more than 500 nonprofit organizations around the world. Don can be reached at DonM@Innovairre.com.